JMK Contractor has the experience and expertise for all of your emergency plumbing needs. Established in 2002, we are a locally owned and family operated business based in Miami, FL. Our customer service exceeds all others because we treat each customer like the neighbor that you truly are. Plus, our proximity to many Miami neighborhoods means plumbers are able to get to your home quickly and service your emergency plumbing needs efficiently, saving you time and money.
We understand that plumbing is one of the main systems in your home, and when something goes wrong, it can affect the entire household. Rapid response times are crucial when it comes to emergency plumbing repair, and that’s where we come in. Our goal is to help protect the things that matter most to you: your family and your home. With JMK Contractor, you’ll know that your children, pets, and loved ones can safely pass through at any time, giving you peace of mind. We use the best products and stay up to date on the latest emergency plumbing solutions. We keep quality and reliability at the forefront of every repair or installation and treat every home like our very own.
Frequently Asked Questions
Having general knowledge of how your plumbing system works will help you to quickly diagnose a problem and understand something about what caused it. Some common emergency services you may need from a licensed plumbing company are these:
Burst Pipe Repair
While there are many potential reasons for a pipe to suffer stress which would result in bursting flood damage, a break is usually due to one of these situations:
- Pipe Movement – unsecured pipes often vibrate and move when water is either turned on or off
- High water pressure – the pressure in most homes should generally be at 30 – 50 psi; 60 psi and above is too high and can cause damage
- Pipe corrosion – even the best quality pipes can’t last forever; pipes will start to break down over time. This process will be accelerated if your water has an improper pH balance
A correct diagnosis of the cause of a burst pipe can help to prevent another burst in the future. Most burst pipes can be patched, but it’s simply a temporary fix. Eventually, a cracked or split section will need to be replaced with a new section of pipe.
If you happen to notice pools of water gathering around your drains, strange and foul odors near the kitchen sink and drains that seem to take forever to drain, you’ve found yourself with a clogged drain. Many clogs are minor and don’t require professional assistance. However, when the problem becomes too much to handle with a plunger, there are other methods:
- Augers (commonly known as drain snakes)
- Commercial chemical solutions
- Water Leak Detection – unlike a burst pipe, an underground or otherwise obscured leak can go undetected for quite a long time. Most pipes in your home are contained within the walls which makes it difficult to find the source of the problem. Even worse, when the pipes are underground you can’t possibly see what’s going on. This is when the time has come to call a professional plumber with special equipment for water leak detection. They can come to your home, pinpoint the exact area of the plumbing leak and do the necessary repairs.
Sewer Line Replacement
Much like the other plumbing problems that arise in the house, the same holds true for the sewer lines. Here are the signs that may lead you to call a professional to come out and get you squared away.
Sewers can sometimes become cracked, punctured or collapsed due to shifting soil or the building settling. They can acquire a “belly” if compressed from above and pushed down which is then at risk of cracking or bursting. Here are some common reasons your sewer line might be at increased risk:
- Sewer Blockages – Foreign objects and grease buildup can often restrict or altogether prohibit proper water flow and cleaning of the sewer line.
- Leaking Joints – The seals between pipes can become decayed or broken over time.
- Tree Roots – Tree or shrub roots can grow through the sewer line.
- Badly made pipes – If the line was made of substandard or outdated material, it is more likely to get damaged.
Toilet Repair and Installation
If your toilet is broken, uncomfortable, outdated or just plain ugly, calling a professional plumber to replace or repair is always the smart move. The signs that indicate a broken toilet are similar to any other plumbing problems: leaking, constant running, foul odor, etc. In addition to providing a better bathroom experience, replacing or repairing your toilet can reduce your water usage by nearly one gallon per flush, which can drastically reduce water and waste costs.
Water Heater Installation and Repair
With water heaters being a central part of your plumbing system, it’s understandable that when it isn’t working it can cause quite a disruption to your entire household. While it’s possible to work your way through some of the minor water heater problems you may encounter, you’ll definitely want to call a professional plumber for major work. Some signs that your water heater needs repair are:
- Water leaking from the top or bottom
- No hot water or not enough hot water
- Water is too hot
- Water takes too long to reheat
- Low hot water pressure
- Dirty, rusty or smelly hot water
Shower and Tubs
If you have a particularly stubborn clog, plumbers have several specialized tools that can destroy clogs quickly. If you’re not able to do a DIY fix or the problem has become too severe, call a professional plumber out to quickly get everything back in working order.
With almost two decades of service in Miami, Miami Beach and surrounding areas, our team understands that your plumbing system never fails at a convenient time, which is why we are here to help when you need us. We offer emergency plumbing services with unbeatable response times. We are also available throughout the week for routine maintenance appointments. Know what to expect and enjoy peace of mind by getting to know your team of Miami plumbing experts beforehand.
Need help with property management? We do that too.